[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Old Days

Old Days

Anyone remember Radio Jackie North, MAR - Merseyland Alternative Radio, Radio Merseywaves, Radio Alpine, Radio Elenore, SCR - Storeton Community Radio, J1000, KGW, Radio Atlantis, LBC - Liverpool Broadcasting Company, Central Radio International, Station M International, Radio Wombat and many many more? If so, please discuss here!

Re: Old Days

Postby Steve Martin » Mar 12th, '09, 17:37

Nev,

I was having a pint with the Stand the other night, I said an old listener of the prog had written on the forum. He asked who, I just said Nev, then he jumped in, in funny accent and said "from PAR-BOLD!" :D So the old bugger still has some of his marbles! :D
-------
Weed FM 106.1, Xanadu 99.7& 107, Radio Jackie North 217 & 105, Notorious 87.7, Tower FM 105, Radio Merlin International 6280 kHz, Merseyland Alternative Radio 99.7 & 105 FM & 1584 kHz,
Steve Martin

Postby Gary Phillips » Mar 12th, '09, 20:45

Hi Steve. Have you ever mentioned to Mike about the Merseypirates site? I'm sure it's the sort of thing he would like to look at someday! Might bring a few memories back! :)
Gary Phillips

Postby Fledge » Mar 27th, '09, 15:29

Fledge

Postby Fledge » Mar 27th, '09, 15:46

Fledge

Postby Gary Phillips » Mar 29th, '09, 02:33

Hi Fledge. That's great, any audio would be superb when you get the time, but as for me giving you a week off work to sort out I'm not so sure :D :D

Thanks also for the image of the badge. I must admit I don't remember them even having a pink badge. Has the pink colour faded over time or has it always been quite a faded pink?
I personally only remember the small button badges which were black on white and which are already imaged on the web site. I'm pretty sure the webmaster will add the new image you've sent real soon :)
Gary Phillips

Postby Steve Martin » Mar 29th, '09, 10:27

-------
Weed FM 106.1, Xanadu 99.7& 107, Radio Jackie North 217 & 105, Notorious 87.7, Tower FM 105, Radio Merlin International 6280 kHz, Merseyland Alternative Radio 99.7 & 105 FM & 1584 kHz,
Steve Martin

Postby Fledge » Mar 29th, '09, 16:19

Fledge

Postby Steve Martin » Mar 29th, '09, 16:31

Now that MAR is back on the air I have started to wear my MAR badge again :D
-------
Steve Martin

Postby Gary Phillips » Apr 1st, '09, 01:48

Thanks Steve for the interesting Mike Stand story and by the way the badge you're wearing lately is it the white button badge or the larger pink one that Fledge has imaged for us?? :?:

Fledge, as regards the badge you imaged, do you remember if they did them in other colours too, apart from pink?
Gary Phillips

Postby Steve Martin » Apr 1st, '09, 06:46

-------
Steve Martin

Postby Fledge » Apr 2nd, '09, 22:53

Fledge

Postby Alan Jones » May 12th, '09, 22:13

Steve

In response to your post from 2 months ago... I really can't believe Mike Stand remembered me - I suppose I was a bit of a post pest back then... but he was a genuine inspiration for my own dj-ing ambitions and a truly entertaining presenter. I still have a promo Ramones 7" he sent me - what a gent. During his time as a coach driver, a schoolfriend of mine discovered him at some French hioliday camp - bizarre!

I'll try & dig out the tapes & memorabilia over the next few weeks.

*fingers crossed*

Nev
Alan Jones

Postby Alan Jones » May 12th, '09, 22:18

...and Fledge

Back in the day Parbold felt a million miles away from anything remotely interesting happening anywhere in the universe - Liverpool was a different scary big bad world... and we were woollybacks. Everytime we went to gigs, we had to put on fake scally accents or keep our gobs shut. Discovering the pirates introduced us to a whole new environment - opened our eyes so to speak - like a fledgling interweb message board I suppose.

Great days!

Nev
Alan Jones

Postby Fledge » May 20th, '09, 12:17

Fledge

Postby Alan Jones » May 21st, '09, 11:48

Hi Fledge

You are indeed correct... sadly "the hovel" has been levelled & turned into exclusive housing developments. Merging my alma mater with our arch rivals from "Wigan Road" school cannot have been an easy undertaking... and so much history forgotten - Ormskirk Grammar had been around since the 1640s and played a key role in the Mersey Pirate scene during late 1970s /early 1980s... ;)

Can't believe you remember the "hovel" nickname we gave it!

Cheers

Nev
Alan Jones

Postby Mike Doyle » Mar 9th, '11, 13:11

There are so many things I can't bring myself to dispose of from those days; cassette recordings of pirates from '79 onwards, all the mail I ever got as a DJ and a couple of the most dangerous radio transmitters you could ever imagine.

Amazing times.

Mike
Mike Doyle

Postby Gary Phillips » Mar 9th, '11, 14:39

Hey welcome along Mike! It's great to see another one of the voices from the past here. I used to listen to yourself and John Brand and Willy Wombat etc all those years ago. Fun times indeed :D

I believe Mr Wombat is in regular communication with Rodger Dee and Jackie at the current incarnation of MAR. Indeed we had a guest DJ on a couple of times over the Christmas period just gone, named Nick Catford. I believe he is a very very close relative of Willy Wombat :o :lol:
Gary Phillips

Previous

Return to Pirate Radio on Merseyside in the 1980's & 1990's