Anorak Chatroom

Our General Discussion Forum. Do you have a joke to share? Or perhaps you'd like to talk about music, film, tv, news, technology, sport, politics, science, religion, the paranormal or even the good old days!

Anorak Chatroom

Postby Steve West » Aug 21st, '08, 09:41

I help out with a very good IRC server and have made a chatroom for us all to anorak in. Anonymity is 100% guaranteed.

Two ways to connect and chat:
1] The easy way: go to http://www.exilenet.org
On the right of the page where it says "Chat now" delete the text that says Guest 963 and put a nickname. Leave account and password fields blank, and where it says "Channel" delete #exilenet and type #anorak then hit connect. No downloads needed whatsoever. You type in the window at the bottom of the screen.

2] For the more tech savvy:
Download Mirc or Xchat (google them!) Add server irc.exilenet.org then type /join #anorak.

If nobody is there chatting don't just leave after a minute or two - hang around for a while and someone will turn up.

Hopefully we'll have a good laugh and if it takes off with a few regular chatters I'll get a webpage done that'll connect directly.

Hope to see you there!
Steve West

Re: Anorak Chatroom

Postby Terry Hawkins » Aug 23rd, '08, 14:40

A nice idea Steve and sounds like fun. I may venture someday soon, but I'll be honest online chatting isn't my kettle of fish, I prefer email and forums, but never say never :lol:
Terry Hawkins
Site Admin

Return to General Topics