Just some of the records that I remember very well

Do you associate certain music tracks with particular pirate stations or DJ's? Did the constant on air play actually make you go out and buy that track? Is that elusive tune now just a vague memory? Then maybe you need help in remembering, identifying and locating that magical song! If so, then why not reminisce, share your memories or highlight your musical genius here!

Re: Just some of the records that I remember very well

Postby Gary Phillips » Aug 28th, '08, 22:42

More surprises from Les. I didnt know you were on Deeside Community Radio! How many stations have you actually been on then? I know obviously about SCR Storeton Community Radio. I now know of Deeside Community Radio and I remember you talking in an email previously about a Radio Annabelle. Any others? :?:

cheers,
Gary

p.s. Coincidentally I also ran a very small time pirate radio op in 1983/84 called Radio Annabelle, a different one than yours obviously, I've mentioned it on my profile on the MAR web site ;)
Gary Phillips

Postby stevebrown » Mar 21st, '09, 14:53

Hi all
Was around when Julie/Merseywaves were on. I can remember Dave Collins with J'taime and yellow polka dot bikini. Sorry for spelling mistakes, English was never my good subject.
I am racking my brains as to the music used when a raid was about to happen, any ideas well for Merseywaves anyway?

Steve B
stevebrown

Postby Gary Phillips » Mar 29th, '09, 01:31

Hi Steve. Really nice that you've joined the Merseypirates forum :)

Dave Collins is still around on The Scene 102.2 FM. I haven't heard him or The Scene for a while, but he's still on occasionally or so I can gather. I last heard him during the last Christmas holiday.
As regards the Radio Merseywaves music used when a raid was about to happen, I don't know, but I'll ask Bert Williams the next time we speak. If he remembers I'll update it here 8-)
Gary Phillips

Postby Gary Phillips » Dec 17th, '09, 18:46

Just getting back to one of the songs mentioned earlier in this thread; Phil Boardman's fabulous single called "Much Missed Man" I'm now glad to say that myself and thepostieles now both have an mp3 copy of this song. So thanks very much to the forum's newest member diddydaddydoddy for sending in the mp3 to us via email. Apparently diddydaddydoddy is in regular contact with the artist, Phil Boardman!!!! Wonderful stuff indeed! :D
Gary Phillips

Postby thepostieles » Dec 17th, '09, 20:32

yeah thx from me diddydaddydoddy, great tune used to be played on radio alpine 28years back, god wheres time gone :o
thepostieles

Postby diddydaddydoddy » Dec 18th, '09, 14:58

Many thanks Gentlemen.

Yes I know Phil Boardman very well, here's a little explanation as to how I got hold of the MP3 of Much Missed Man...

Phil and I have known each other for over a decade now and as you can imagine there has been a lot of mickey-taking between us. He casually told me that he'd had a singing career and cut this single. He wouldn't let me hear the song but would occasionally tease me by bringing in the sleeve or by playing a few notes if a keyboard was around. This went on for years. So in a desperate attempt to readdress this I tracked an mp3 down from a guy in Russia. This guy has a series of Beatles/John Lennon songs I believe under the banner of Flabby Road Records (or similar). I had great pleasure in teasing Phil for a period of time thereafter and accidently passed it onto everyone in the office and put it onto a website too!!
PAYBACK :D
diddydaddydoddy

Previous

Return to Music Memories from the Pirates