[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Where are they now?

Where are they now?

Anyone remember Radio Jackie North, MAR - Merseyland Alternative Radio, Radio Merseywaves, Radio Alpine, Radio Elenore, SCR - Storeton Community Radio, J1000, KGW, Radio Atlantis, LBC - Liverpool Broadcasting Company, Central Radio International, Station M International, Radio Wombat and many many more? If so, please discuss here!

Where are they now?

Postby stevebrown » Mar 21st, '09, 15:14

Hi Guys
I was around when Merseywaves and Keith the chief were around, then onto Julie in early 1988/89 when it was based on the Woodchurch. I would love to know where all the guys are from that era, lost touch with all of them before moving to Australia.
I think I may even still have my yellow shirt from Merseywaves nights out and the good all days. I remember Andy D, Roy, Tony H, Dave Collins, Bob, Paul Woods, Keith, would be great to hear from them all. Oh by the way seems to be nothing in the way of pirates down under but plenty have heard about UK pirate stations.
Steve B (security)
stevebrown

Re: Where are they now?

Postby Steve Martin » Mar 21st, '09, 20:07

Hi Steve

I was on a night out last week with some of the old Merseywaves crew. Keith The Chief and Woodsy were there along with a few others.
-------
Weed FM 106.1, Xanadu 99.7& 107, Radio Jackie North 217 & 105, Notorious 87.7, Tower FM 105, Radio Merlin International 6280 kHz, Merseyland Alternative Radio 99.7 & 105 FM & 1584 kHz,
Steve Martin

Postby stevebrown » Mar 25th, '09, 14:15

Shame I lost contact with all, don't even think they know I am living in Australia now.

Whats on nowadays? Just before I left there was a station started up by some of the originals but heard very little about it. Did try tracking down Martin C but failed to find him before we flew out. Been here nearly 5 years so have missed so much.

Steve B
stevebrown

Postby Gary Phillips » Mar 29th, '09, 02:09

Hi Steve. Once again nice of you to drop by to the Merseypirates forum from that much nicer place, Australia :mrgreen:

As for trying to contact some of the people you mention, if you succeed then please bring them along here too, Merseypirates forum could do with more pirates and ex pirates joining :lol: But seriously if you wanna contact some of the people you mention then one possibility is at the Lazer UK web site. Here's the link; http://lazeruk.kk5.org/

Out of all the names you mention, Radar Roy and Woodsy certainly seem to be listed as being involved with the Lazer Uk outfit as they are mentioned on this web site, so it might be worth a try :) I briefly met these two guys at a recent pirate radio reunion along with a few others. I believe Keith The Chief was there too, but I missed him unfortunately. Oh and you also mention Martin C, I met him briefly there too.

As regards Radio Julie, I believe the Andy D (Dobbo) that you refer to has passed away sadly :(

You also mention a Tony H, I guess this is Tony Hollis that you're referring to, if so then I believe he is already a member of this forum. Maybe you could PM him on this forum!

You asked what stations are on nowadays. Well the only regular stations are MAR on 217 metres mw, 1386 khz AM, which is usually on every fortnight on a Sunday. The other regular station is Radio Xanadu on 107 FM, which is on every Sunday ;)

Finally Steve, did you ever do any shows for the pirates or was it security only :?:

Thanks once again for joining!
Gary Phillips

Postby thesceneliverpool » Mar 29th, '09, 21:31

Regarding the fabulous Radio Julie days, Andy sadly passed away in August 2005.

Dave Collins can be found at The Scene, try tuning to 102.2MHz, or alternatively most nights from 10pm on the internet station .

The Scene has been known to run FM tribute nights to Julie FM in the past, featuring shows from Andy Davies, Tony West, Mark Ross, Carl W, Ken Wood, Dave Moore and others.
thesceneliverpool

Postby stevebrown » Mar 30th, '09, 13:43

Shame about Andy, he was an incredibly intelligent guy. I never did a show, hung around with them in varying flats around the Wirral over the years.

steve
stevebrown

Postby Fledge » Mar 30th, '09, 15:05

I used to see various people in the pub of a weekend, but many of the 'old faces' have moved on.
Fledge

Postby stevebrown » Mar 31st, '09, 14:43

stevebrown

Postby Gary Phillips » Apr 1st, '09, 01:37

Gary Phillips

Postby Gary Phillips » Apr 1st, '09, 01:39

Gary Phillips

Postby Gary Phillips » Apr 1st, '09, 01:43

Gary Phillips

Postby Fledge » Apr 2nd, '09, 23:09

Fledge

Postby Steve West » Apr 6th, '09, 19:49

Just to update the information posted above about LazerUK, the new website is: http://www.lazeruk.com
Radar Roy, Woodsy and Keith The Chief are sometimes to be found in the chatroom there.
Steve West

Postby 7wcr » Nov 14th, '09, 20:04

I think Andy D is now doing the breakfast show on 7 waves community radio 92.1fm. i do know that someone mentioned that he has passed away but i have listened to the clips from this site and to his show and they ar the same. if someon could have a listen and let me know if it is him please.
7wcr

Postby Terry Hawkins » Nov 15th, '09, 18:22

Hi there 7wcr. The Andy D mentioned on this forum that is referenced to have passed away some years ago is a different Andy Davis to the one that you mention is on 7waves. There have been two Andy D's on pirate radio in Merseyside over the years ;)
Terry Hawkins
Site Admin

Postby BrianJohnson » Nov 24th, '17, 09:34

What.. Nobody said anything about jet set Sidney, Kevin Jordan, Samantha Lee, Dave Benitez, Steve Coltrain and his older bro whos name totally escapes me , Mark "rodney" Wright
and who could forget me Brian (bj) Johnson?? RMW`s Heavy Rock DJ?, whos still miffed at Gorden Yates not willing to be interviewed live on air the day we got raided , and i just put the headphones back on, then carried on doing my one and only stand in early show till the feed to the TX got cut <<<:D
most listed i have no idea , do know Mark Wright is now in a band playing guitar and sax, and Me BJ, im still Rocking my little socks off tho spends more time remixing,
living in a little bungalow with my Evil cat Anubis, and trying to stop him clawing the living day-light out of my Bass guitar Amp and other equipment
I only regret things i haven't done, not those i have
BrianJohnson

Postby Gary Phillips » Nov 24th, '17, 23:11

Hi Brian. Nice to see your message. Some names I remember from the past there. Thanks for the memories. :D

Love your funny story about the raid. Certainly would've been interesting to hear an interview with one of the government officials, but obviously he was uptight and had no sense of humour :shock: ;)
Gary Phillips

Postby BrianJohnson » Nov 25th, '17, 00:19

shame for sure, would have been a buzz tho he would have known he would have been done for broadcasting, tho must say i wish id have had a cam them, the look on his face when i just smiled and carried on was priceless and well worth the £500 fine :twisted:
BrianJohnson

Postby Gary Phillips » Nov 28th, '17, 00:49

Yes, very funny.

Also pity that there were no mobile phones then as you could've uploaded the funny video to YouTube or similar :lol:
Gary Phillips

Postby BrianJohnson » Dec 1st, '17, 12:02

Some would say Lucky, it saved the world from seeing photos of myself :o have been told the back of my head looks ok tho
BrianJohnson

Next

Return to Pirate Radio on Merseyside in the 1980's & 1990's