[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - Liverpool pirate stations still on FM?

Liverpool pirate stations still on FM?

A general chat, Pirate Radio Forum for operators, DJ's and listeners. Here you can discuss the latest pirate radio news and gossip on the offshore pirates and LBP's.
Or you may prefer technical talk about transmitters, aerials, shortwave, AM & FM. The choice is yours!

Liverpool pirate stations still on FM?

Postby DJM » Oct 23rd, '10, 21:04

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and new to Liverpool. I'm a keen listener of pirate radio and used to DJ on a station in the midlands many years ago.

Scanning the FM dial from here (near central Liverpool), it seems empty of pirate stations even at weekends. I see there's a few FM stations in operation by browsing the internet; Xanadu on 107, Central on 99.8(although KCC Live seem to be using this frequency) and MAR on 105 (I see they use AM too), however I can't seem to tune into any of them. Are any of these stations or others still using FM, and when/how often do they broadcast and on which frequencies? Keen to find out, I'm missing having the choice of many stations as I did when living near Birmingham. Hope there's a few still operating here, I thought being a decent sized city and with its radio history there would be a few. Can anybody update on the situation, do they have a good enough signal to be heard clearly throughout Liverpool and have any been heard regularly on FM recently?

Thanks for any info.
DJM

Re: Liverpool pirate stations still on FM?

Postby Gary Phillips » Oct 24th, '10, 18:29

Hi DJM.

In answer to your question I'm afraid it's not good news. FM is pretty much dead in Liverpool.
Now and again we have Bert Williams doing his own thing on 105, either playing non stop golden oldies or old MAR Jukebox/MAR shows.
Also occasionally on Sunday nights there are relays of MAR on 105 FM from another different source (north Merseyside area)
There is Radio Xanadu on 107 FM on both Saturday and Sunday nights 8pm onwards, but unfortunately weak on the Liverpool side of the river.
Central Radio use 100.8 FM these days (not 99.8), but currently they're only on bank holidays and Christmas.
Occasional transmissions are heard on 102.2 FM from The Scene or Rise FM, but that's about it.
All very quiet. AM seems to be more popular up here right now.
Gary Phillips

Postby dave0123 » Nov 22nd, '10, 21:29

I havent heard much at all on the FM these days all come to a sudden stop, however i did hear a station play dance/trance on 105.1 a few months back don't know who that was.
dave0123

Postby Steve Martin » Nov 25th, '10, 18:17

Steve Martin

Postby Jackie » Jan 16th, '11, 01:45

Unfortunately Xanadu us silent at the moment and will have probs with I think Real Radio on 107.6. If Steve does decide to come back on :(

MAR is going strong on 1314 & 1386Khz every weekend and you can hear us at least once a month sometime on 105FM
Jackie

Postby Steve Martin » Jan 16th, '11, 03:25

Hi Jackie,

Obviously I wrote that a while ago while things were still ongoing. Sadly it didn't work out.

I really enjoyed my time at Xanadu, great while it lasted, big respect to Steve for keeping it going for so long.

I'm sure there is a spot on another local station waiting for him if he wants it!
Steve Martin

Postby Jackie » Jan 20th, '11, 20:33

Yes Steve there is a place for our lovely Mr West here on MAR if he decides he would like to join us again.

I enjoyed my tome on Xanadu as well and miss the Rock Music it played.

I hope we hear Steve's dulcit tones back on air very soon.

Jackie
Jackie

Return to Pirate Radio