Shoreline Radio

Talk about other Land Based Pirates here. LBP's from London, the Midlands, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Ireland, Holland, Spain, Italy and the USA.

Shoreline Radio

Postby thepostieles » Jan 18th, '09, 11:54

Does anyone remember a station that used to broadcast from the Shotton area in the late 80's called Shoreline Radio? It was run by a father and son. I remember going to their house in Central Drive. It was dreadful but nevertheless it was there, 100 and summat fm. Always started off with Circle In The Sand by Belinda Carlisle. Think they got raided in the end, not sure though, just disappeared. Used to see them shopping in Shotton, very old the chap was :|
thepostieles

Re: Shoreline Radio

Postby Gary Phillips » Mar 12th, '09, 11:31

Hi Les, I know nothing about Shoreline Radio unfortunately.

Do you have any audio recordings of this station Les? Might be an interesting addition to the Merseypirates audio section!
Gary Phillips

Postby thepostieles » Mar 12th, '09, 19:17

No sorry Gary never recorded any of them they that bad, just knew it was on FM :D
thepostieles

Postby Man on the hill » Jun 4th, '10, 00:00

Hi Les,
Remember he used to call the artist of the track as Brenda Carlisle :lol:
Years ago i remember the estate they were in,there was a pub across the green iirc,the pub was rough as well as the area!
Reminds me of the Jockey in shameless :lol:
Man on the hill

Postby thepostieles » Jun 4th, '10, 22:30

yer man on the hill it was based in central drive, shotton had alook round his hse he broadcasting with his dad, he showed us his ham liscense but that not cover him! the pub cross green is the melrose and still there, yes it was rough and still is
thepostieles

Postby dalamadi » Feb 22nd, '12, 15:59

Recently joined the forum. There are some great stories on here. Very interesting reading. I remember Shoreline radio very well. I used to play cricket at Shotton Cricket Club. Wasn't a particular nice location to play cricket just down the road from Central Drive. I remember hearing the station broadcasting on a Saturday night after driving home from the match. It broadcast only in mono 101.35. This is where the signal locked on my PLL receiver. You could also pick it up on the Wirral. There was also some music heard on 100.7 but not sure exactly where. I noticed that when i drove past a few weeks ago the half wave dipole is still mounted on the chimney stack in Central Drive.
dalamadi

Postby thepostieles » Feb 22nd, '12, 22:20

yer prob be dead an buried now the older shorewave guy, and really aerial still up? bloody hell lol
thepostieles

Return to Other Land Based Pirate Radio