phil weston

Talk about other Land Based Pirates here. LBP's from London, the Midlands, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Ireland, Holland, Spain, Italy and the USA.

phil weston

Postby thepostieles » Feb 1st, '11, 22:24

hi listenin to recordings of phil weston on radio eleanore 266 from early 80s today, whats he doin nowadays and other re jocks like ian dale etc, anyone know? ty
thepostieles

Re: phil weston

Postby Steve Martin » Feb 3rd, '11, 21:09

thepostieles wrote:hi listenin to recordings of phil weston on radio eleanore 266 from early 80s today, whats he doin nowadays and other re jocks like ian dale etc, anyone know? ty

Not sure about Phil Weston. Mark Wright is still djing around Birkenhead and is also a singer now too! Barry Cullen had spells as a news reader and sports reporter on Radio Merseyside and Marcher Sound, I think he now lives in Leeds and is quite high up in the Inland Revenue! Ian Dale married Jenny Darlington, dunno what he is up to now.
Steve Martin

Postby thepostieles » Feb 4th, '11, 22:12

thx steve, oh so ian married j darlington then? i know she used to write in lots :D
thepostieles

Postby Steve Martin » Feb 5th, '11, 19:33

Elenore was a great station, even though some considered it a poor man's MAR, it had some great dj's. Mark W & Ian Dale were really top notch, Paul Rogers went onto ILR.
Steve Martin

Postby Gary Phillips » Feb 12th, '11, 14:13

I'm sure someone from MAR told me that he spoke to Phil Weston in recent times (this will be in the last couple of years). Can't remember who told me now. I'll have to check my old emails :) I'll get back if I can find the info.
Gary Phillips

Return to Other Land Based Pirate Radio