Radio Impact

Talk about other Land Based Pirates here. LBP's from London, the Midlands, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Ireland, Holland, Spain, Italy and the USA.

Radio Impact

Postby thepostieles » Aug 7th, '08, 17:01

used to listen to radio impact in 1980 .used to be on 7340khz once a month on the 7340 network.was a mad stn with jeff stewart and tw.11am to 1pm it was on.great sonovox jingles
thepostieles

Re: radio impact

Postby Gary Phillips » Aug 7th, '08, 22:15

Hi Les. I agree with you on the Radio Impact jingles though I dont think I've ever heard the station myself personally.

Les has kindly sent me a cassette featuring Radio Impact and I would imagine its contents will be uploaded to Merseypirates within the next few days or so, so keep a lookout! Wonderful stuff.
Gary Phillips

Postby thepostieles » Sep 30th, '08, 15:38

hi gary.got an excellent studio recording from jeff stewart of radio impact world service from 1980.ill ask him is it alright to put on merseypirates download page.he s also sent me an mp3 which i can play on my lcd.great jingles on it :D
thepostieles

Postby Gary Phillips » Oct 9th, '08, 00:32

Les, is this the same recording that you mention in the other thread? If so I'd like to hear it the next time you send me a batch of recordings. :D By the way I'll do my very best to complete the mp3 uploads of the cassette recordings that you sent me last time (a couple of months ago) by this weekend. I'm sorry for the delay.

Gary.
Gary Phillips

Postby thepostieles » Oct 9th, '08, 17:27

no probs gary ill send u a copy and some more tapes of in few days :D
thepostieles

Re: Radio Impact

Postby Jock Wilson » Jan 14th, '10, 17:03

I recall enjoying the programmes of Radio Impact on 7340 khz in Edinburgh, but unsurprisingly couldn't hear the station on 21 Mhz. That said, they were apparently heard worldwide on that band, receiving reception reports from as far away as Israel! Propagation in the early 80's was very good on high frequencies, even allowing for reasonable reception of low power SW pirates at great distance from their transmitter sites.
Jock Wilson

Postby Jeff Stuart » Mar 1st, '10, 18:36

Hi everyone and nice to see you mention Radio Impact from bygone free radio days.
Myself and TW really enjoyed the few years of being involved with the station and it was alway's really exciting to go to the studio and record the show's.
TW has been for many years involved in a very professional way in radio producing and these days is a very respected person in that field.....hence the great play on "sound's and jingles" all those years ago.
I still have most of the original tapes we used to transmit on the shows and despite one or two most still sound ok.
I will try to put them up on here if possible if anyone is interested in them ?

Cheers jeff...(7340 Radio Impact)
Jeff Stuart

Postby Gary Phillips » Mar 14th, '10, 14:22

Hi Jeff, very sorry for the delay in replying to this.

Yes indeed Radio Impact sounded great Jeff and there are already a couple of nice recordings on the main Merseypirates website, which is mainly thanks to you guys and our other forum member, thepostieles, but if you have any other recordings then they would be very much appreciated by us. I can provide you with ftp upload webspace if you'd like to upload them to Merseypirates yourself or if you prefer you could send the recordings in to me and I'll upload them. Let me know what you prefer and I'll email the instructions to you or send you a PM via the forum.

cheers,
Gary P
Gary Phillips

Return to Other Land Based Pirate Radio